Thursday, May 10, 2012

#1 - Change is inevitable

Yes, I have the things I need for my trip. Have I opened my suitcase to pack them? Nope.

Today, as I walked downtown, as I ate my lunch, and as I sat on the couch this afternoon, I kind of "took everything in." As I spent time with the band, Jeff, Mark, and Jordan at church, and even as I drove home tonight with my windows down, I thought about how different things would be for the next three weeks. I'm so blessed to live here; I'm really going to miss this place while I'm gone.

I've never been away from home for three weeks, and I've never been out of the country for more than nine days. I'm sure it will go by so quickly, but it will definitely be different than what I am used to. It's funny how change is so hard for us as humans, because we should be used to it by now...life is full of change!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty nervous about the whole airport situation, just getting to the right places at the right times and not missing flights and not getting mugged and not losing my baggage and what-not. But, I am super excited to travel, to take pictures, to see the sky from above - it's breath-taking - and to experience another culture.

I want and need to do so much before I leave so I better get some sleep!

And you, be thinking of some doits - random things for me to do on my trip - because I will start them on Sunday as I leave.

Love you guys! Buonanotte! - Briana

--

"Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have." - Jackson Brown

2 comments:

  1. I used to be scared of being away from home. My mother reminded me that no matter where I go, God goes there with me. I started talking to God each morning about what I needed (ex: God, I need you to help me make my connections at the airport, etc.) It's amazing what He does when we lean into him. Have a blessed trip!

    ReplyDelete