Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ouch! My foot...

Jenny and I both are in pain! My foot began hurting earlier today as we traveled more and more but I just ignored it as "just another pain" to add to my soreness list.

But it worsened. Now, my left foot feels like a small-hoofed animal stepped on the top of it and bruised it. We have walked so much in the past few days that I'm afraid I have put too much stress on it and caused a stress fracture. It feels like it is bruised, but isn't swollen or red. It just HURTS to put any pressure on that spot. When I put on my shoes and they push up against it, it hurts as I bend my foot...and as I walk, it progressively worsens, to the point where I can't walk on it anymore.

Someone left the elevator door open on the 6th floor, so we had to walk all the way up to 6 from floor 0...it took us about 5 times longer than normal because we "granny-walked" it step by step.

This is really kind of depressing, because we were going to go to St. Peter's Basilica in the morning and I honestly can't walk if my foot hurts like it does now. Jenny says her feet are hurting badly too. I really hope we haven't hurt our feet badly, but we will see in the morning and go from there.

Ciao,

Briana

--

1 comment:

  1. Oh no...I'm sorry! I honestly did the same thing to my foot during our staff retreat hike. I'm still nursing it. I pray that you wake up tomorrow or today (whatever day it is) with a good as new foot. When in Rome do as the Romans do.....limp!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete